Thursday, October 3, 2019

AL Wild Card: I Guess I Misjudged This One



Of all people to hit 2 home runs tonight, I would have called Matt Chapman, Matt Olson, Austin Meadows or Ji-Man Choi before I guessed Yandy Diaz, a guy who was injured for the last half of the year, and a guy who I forgot was even active.

So...way to outdo my expectations, Tampa Bay Rays. Way to go. And congratulations on outmuscling  the A's, making them the most popular wild card game loser of the 2010s. Good luck with those Astros.

And now let's eulogize the fallen...

I thought the A's had it again. It's kinda frustrated, because they have this fun, low-budget team, and they keep building up and breaking into the playoffs, and...I don't know if it's gonna happen. And it's a downer opinion, because these teams are so fun, and there are so many opportunities for stars like Mike Fiers, as well as fringe players like Josh Phegley and Mark Canha, to get into the mainstream. I want something good to happen to this A's team in 2020, and I don't want them to sell their souls to do so.

For what it was, they came even farther in 2019 than they did in 2018, and they should be proud for that. Sad it ends here.

Tomorrow we get some division series'. That'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment