Friday, July 27, 2012

Custom Card of the Day: Ichiro Edition

 

Yeah, I know I said today's would be Asdrubal Cabrera, but today's my 900th post, a milestone that took me 4 years to get to, and isn't nearly as good as my 1000th, which might be later this year. I figured I'd commemorate it with a Yankee, and a good one at that.

Ichiro...somehow has always been a perennial favorite of mine, maybe because he's such a fun player to watch. Now that he's a Yankee, he's a bit more fun. I know he's 38, and the end of his playing time is coming, but even if he doesn't hit, it'll be great to see him play for the Yanks. Sorta like seeing Jim Thome as a Phillie again, or as an Oriole. He's not gonna have a massive home run season (Leave that to Raul), but he's gonna do a great job, and he's gonna make the fans love him, cause he's Ichiro.

Of course, now everybody else hates him. But would you rather him as a Yankee or Pujols? 

Coming Tomorrow- Now I'll get you that Asdrubal Cabrera...

No comments:

Post a Comment