Thursday, July 5, 2012

Custom Card of the Day: Greinke Edition

 

This guy has been one of the names on the list of people that may be traded before August, and quite frankly, I can't see why. Okay, his contract may be up, but he's pitching well, having incredible consistency at home, and the fact that he isn't an All Star kinda feels fixed, like Tony LaRussa hates him and Johnny Cueto. 

So if and when this guy gets traded, I hope it's to a team that needs him. I hope he's traded to a team that will respect his abilities, and use him wisely. After all, this man won the Cy Young three years ago, and has become one of baseball's most intelligent pitchers. 

(Also, I'm kinda hoping he's traded to the Phillies. And I really hope this happens if we keep Hamels...unless we end up stupidly trading Hamels to the Brewers for Greinke. If this happens, remember I called it.)

(Which means it probably won't.)

Coming Tomorrow- He was the right-fielder/DH on my team for seven seasons, and he was a magnificent hitter. He'll always be a Yankee in my mind, which is why I find it so hard to swallow him in a Tampa uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment