Sunday, December 9, 2012

Recent Cardboard Developments

I haven't actually bought a pack of Topps Update in a while, and that's a shame. I still need a few crucial cards from there, including an Ichiro. But I'm lacking in cash, so I get what I can.

Last night, my uncle was kinda enough to get my a cereal box of Series...1 of 2012. Which is moot since I have the set. But at least I can still enjoy the inserts.

Liam Hendriks Gold shiny
Willie McCovey Golden Moments
Starlin Castro 1987 mini. Which is nice, because last year I made a 1987 custom of Starlin
Derek Jeter Golden Greats
Mickey Mantle Gold Standard
Dee Gordon Gold Futures
Cal Ripken and Derek Jeter Timeless Talents
A code card. I really hope I recieve a CARD
and OF COURSE...I get a coin. A red sox coin.
ttttttttttttttttttTTTTTOOOOOOOOOPPPPS! WHY DO YOU INSULT ME SO? I collect your stuff to get CARDS! Not COINS! AND I CAN'T EVEN OWN THOSE FRIGGIN COINS! Next year's thing BETTER FREAKING HAVE CARDS!
(rips card into several pieces)
The highlight was an Eric Hosmer base card variation, of him being doused in water. Which is nice.

I also (stupidly) bought a Fairfield mix box of football cards from 5 below. Oh was that a mistake. Sure, there were some OKAY cards, but there was a lot of 90's junk wax to filter through. It was pitiful.
Here's the stuff I'm not throwing out:
1987 Topps Dan Fouts
1992 Upper Deck Larry Brown
2006 Topps Antwaan Randle El
Playoff 1995 Ricky Watters
2008 Donruss Threads of Vincent Jackson
1989 Pro Set of Charles Haley
1992 Pro Set Andre Waters
1992 Skybox Irving Fryar
1996 Ultra Kevin Greene
2007 Leaf Certified of Nate Burleson
2006 Topps Jamal Lewis
2007 Score Ronnie Brown
1989 Topps Phil Simms
1991 Wild Card Chris Doleman
1988 Topps Danny White
2001 Topps Trent Dilfer. This was a good card to pull in 2001, since he just had an amazing 2000.
1993 Topps Reggie White. That was my first real nice card.
2009 Topps Anthony Gonzalez
2000 BowChro Muhsin Muhammad
1989 Topps Reggie White. Another good one.
2008 Score Roy Williams

I got a few packs, too. One didn't have anything. I think it was 1990 fleer.

1989 Pro-Set: Keith Jackson, Bo Jackson, Rod Woodson
2008 Upper Deck First Edition: Ray Lewis, Brandon Marshall, Devin Hester, Marvin Harrison, Chad Henne RC, Ben Roethlisberger Starquest
2010 XL Adrenalyn, which is a stupid set: Robert Mathis, Jordy Nelson, Adrian Peterson, Darius Heyward-Bey, Miles Austin, Shawne Merriman Extra. I checked the sight, and the codes don't even work anymore. So there.

Well, those were kinda underwhelming. One of these days I'll pick up some Update. Also, I might add that I earned a lot of Amazon.com money through the holidays. I might get something card-related with something leftover from whatever I spend for something actually cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment