Monday, August 5, 2013

Custom Card of the Day: Peavy Edition


Right now the White Sox are crushing my Yankees. I have no idea why, or how, but somehow the man above has nothing to do with it. You see, he's wearing different socks now.

Back in 2007, when Jake Peavy was one of the best pitchers in the NL, I would have been a lot more scared if he joined the Red Sox. Back then, he was the sole booster of those shoddy mediocre Padres teams, and he certainly dominated on the mound. It was indeed odd when Peavy left the Padres to join the White Sox, but he didn't pack the same punch, with the exception of half of last season.

I think the Sox picked a good time to jeopardize on Peavy's impending contract, as they were slowly falling off the top of the AL east. It appears that he's been helping the team get back to the top, as his first start was impressive for a recently-inconsistent pitcher.

If he keeps this up, I should fear for my Yankees, as they may have to meet with him once or twice in order to get back to the top.

Coming Tomorrow- Meanwhile, in Tampa, a recent Cy Young winner fights to return to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment