Saturday, May 20, 2017

Exactly Even


I don't exactly know how to feel about being beaten by a team that's 22-22.

I mean, the Rays aren't doing as horribly as the fourth place standing projects, but...it still hurt to be schooled by the guys 3 places below us. I don't care who you are, it still hurts.

Generally, everyone's doing pretty well. The pitching staff is surprisingly solid, and it's not really just Chris Archer who's pitching well- Matt Andriese, Alex Cobb and Jake Odorizzi are actually up there with him this year. Evan Longoria's also not the only offensive standout, as Logan Morrison, Tim Beckham, Corey Dickerson and Steven Souza are also doing well. If it weren't for a few people in the lineup who aren't hitting, and a few bullpen players, this would be a better team.

It's mostly just the fact that they're sitting below the Yankees, Orioles and Red Sox. They're a good team, but they're in the wrong division to be TOO good. Even if people like LoMo and Dickerson do well, they're still gonna struggle to even stop the 3rd place Sox. But still...I commend them for trying, and I'd appreciate it if they had another method of trying that didn't involve killing my Yankees this week.

Coming Tomorrow- One of my favorite fringe players, still throwing knucklers in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment