Saturday, August 3, 2019

Marlins Update: Uh...


...yeah.

Yeah, this...this isn't fun anymore.

I was getting ready to start crowning the pitching staff as the next great mega-rotation, but...now that Trevor Richards and Zac Gallen are gone, we can't even get that? I swear to god, the concept of drinking and boating has RUINED this frigging team.

[I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. This joke may be wrong, but I'm not]

The rotation, as it stands, is just Jordan Yamamoto, Caleb Smith, Sandy Alcantara and Elieser Hernandez. So...is the plan to wait until Jose Urena returns mid-month? Is it to roll the dice on letting Wei-Yin Chen start a game? Do they give it to Adam Conley? Do they call up their best AAA option, which is [checks notes] [double takes] HECTOR NOESI???? THE HELL KIND OF PLOT TWIST IS THIS???

I mean, the bullpen is beginning to reform, and I think they want Jose Quijada to close games (or Adam Conley, I really can't tell?), so that's slightly less problematic.

I mean, good thing the lineup's working or else this would be another dire year for the Marlins. There's a strong core of Miguel Rojas, Brian Anderson, Starlin Castro, Garrett Cooper and Harold Ramirez, and Jorge Alfaro is continuing his record of being a slightly rusty starting catching option. Curtis Granderson is also a relatively reliable outfield option, which is...kinda nice I can still that in 2019. The bench, and rookie come-ups, are slightly disappointing, but...hopefully this team can build off this foundation. If not, this is gonna be a long couple years.

I wanna be optimistic for this Marlins team, but...since that fateful 2016 day, they've been consistently unable to sustain a core. And I'm worried it's gonna continue.

Coming Tomorrow- An offensive standout for the single most boring team to talk about in the MLB.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! A post about the only team in the NL that's worse than mine!

    Yeah that 5-man pitching rotation... wow. Quite the lack of household names. Caleb Smith has been awesome, but otherwise, yikes.

    Neil Walker, not included in the strong core?!?

    Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete