Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Diamondbacks in the Ruff


I've already written a ton about the failure of the Diamondbacks this year, so I'll just say this.

With some exceptions, the guys that did well this year were the ones that were in Arizona from the start. Paul Goldschmidt, Jake Lamb, Chris Owings, Welington Castillo, Robbie Ray. Jean Segura was the only real import that made an impact. The other guys they brought in were either injured or insignificant.

These guys had a foundation for a great team ready. Instead of letting it grow, the D-Backs GM over-watered it. I don't know if these guys will find success with this team anymore. Who's to say they won't do what the Padres did and just pawn everybody away next year.

I can't really say with any optimism that this team can do anything good in the future...which is sad, because I was saying the exact opposite last year.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Coming Tonight: Traded for a future Hall of Famer. Pitching for a playoff sleeper with 18 wins under his belt. Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment