Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Astros Update: Please Make It Stop Edition

 


I think the majority of my main baseball anti-biases have sort of subsided. I don't hate the Cardinals this year, I like this team a great deal. I don't hate the Red Sox yet, they're still not exactly a threat to my Yankees. And while the Blue Jays are a bit pesky as a division rival, I don't particularly despise anybody on this team like I did Bautista, Smoak and Osuna. Even the White Sox, who had a rivalry with my Yankees a few weeks back, were in the right and I still respect them as an up-and-coming team.

...Now either I'm becoming a more mature, reasonable person, or I'm just saving all my hatred for the Houston Astros. And I think it's the latter.

I think the plan now for the Astros is just to keep going long enough to make the masses forget that members of this team cheated to win a World Series. And that'll work in most markets, y'know. Look at Yordan Alvarez and Justin Verlander, what a charming team. Why would anyone dislike an organization that efficient? But...the Yankee fans remember. They remember all those years of the Astros taking them down in the playoffs. And they're still not happy about it. How dare they cheat to get to the end. Only WE'RE supposed to do that!

And it really just becomes more and more annoying every time they add somebody else that's good. OF COURSE Jeremy Pena's off to an amazing start and might win a Rookie of the Year this year. Of course Hector Neris has learned to keep runs down and is leading the bullpen with 27 Ks. Of course Cristian Javier can start games again after Odorizzi gets hurt. Why not? Keep piling them on, this team will compete for the rest of the damned decade at this rate.

And at the end of the day, while Maldonado and Gurriel are past their primes and Siri has yet to get to his full potential...I would still fear going up against this lineup in a ALCS formation. Even with the Yankees playing as well as they are. The way Alvarez, Tucker, Pena, Altuve and Brantley are playing right now, I...really hope someone can find a way to beat them. Or else it's gonna be another very boring playoff season. You know, maybe that's why they opened up the playoffs some more, because there weren't enough chances for the Astros to make it in and beat all the fun teams. Screw all the teams that have never won, why not have Celtics-Warriors- I MEAN UH Astros-Dodgers again?

I'm glad they're doing well, I'm glad they're so efficient, but...I am still so terribly sick of this team being good.

Coming Tomorrow- The man has an MVP, and he could be going for two this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment