Friday, August 21, 2015

Custom Card of the Night: Cespedes Edition

I saw the Mets at Citifield riiiight when they got good. I am confident in saying that.

Because right after that game, last week of July, they grab Yoenis Cespedes and they go on a tear. Pretty soon they're on top of the NL East, and hitting up a storm. If they hadn't had gotten people like Juan Uribe, Tyler Clippard, Kelly Johnson, and, of course, Cespedes, this would not be a potential playoff team.

Yoenis Cespedes, meanwhile, is the perfect outfield bat for the Mets. He hits home runs, he can still play the field, and he's still young enough to be a force in the MLB without getting too winded. He's hitting pretty well, and though he's only hit a few homers, he's gonna be a pretty nice asset if they get to the playoffs. No major league pitcher wants to go against a professional hitter like Cespedes.

I'm just very happy for the Mets, and I hope their good luck continues to sweeten.

UPDATE- I think I picked the exact right night to post this custom. 3 Homers on the night...so far. Way to go Yoenis. Keep it up.

Coming Tomorrow- A pitcher for a team that is 'desperately clinging onto the fight to remain dead', to quote Chevy Chase.

1 comment:

  1. I was at his 3HR game last night. Impressive performance, and we were all pulling for 4.

    ReplyDelete